103. Wilderness Information Center

Visitors planning an overnight trip into the park backcountry are required to get a Wilderness Camping Permit.  These are available at the park’s Wilderness Information Center, also known as the “WIC,” which is located at the visitor center in Port Angeles.

Bear canisters are required for food storage on the coast, in the Sol Duc and in some other high alpine areas.  These are available for loan at the WIC in Port Angeles year-round.  If you have specific questions about backpacking, call the WIC directly at (360)565-3100.